Thursday 16 December 2010

I AM MOTIVATED

I attended a motivational talk by my adorable giant profesor. The talk was pretty short, I'm not satisfied with that. I need more from him!!! Seriously, I was expecting more from him, his encouraging words and father-like pep talk.

Nevermind, I think he made me realised that it is not just about being a good medical student or a good doctor, it is about how you live your life and giving to the others. Blessing from patients is the key to success and satisfactory in life.

His advice was simple...study study and study. I think what he really meant is that there's no detour to success, no matter how cold the weather is or how thick the books are, I should study, study and study. Personally, he thinks that a good doctor must be excellent in everything. Well, there will be a long way to go before that happens.

From his presentation, he tried to show us that its important to have time for yourself. Try to enjoy life, try to love and help others. Actually, his first advice is never complain, I think what he really meant is that we must be grateful because there are others who are dying to be in our place.

But what really caught my attention is that his passion in study and working as a doctor. I can see that he really has his vision and purpose of life, which is to take medical practise in islamic countries to higher level. It is sad to see the eastern countries are setting the standard in medical field, while islamic countries becoming the follewers instead of leaders. So his wish is that he can contribute something to islam, and we should too.

With that, I thank you doc for giving me the hope and showing me the reasons to stay in this field. The day when you gave me your hurtful, sarcastic pep talk, you've awaken me, encouraged me to go on and keep my head up high, you definitely save my life.

PS -I'm still embarrassed with him. I can't shook my mind off the short case osce exam, I know I wrote crappy stuff...again sorry to disappoint you doc : (

No comments:

Post a Comment